Midnight Secrets and Echoes

It is midnight again

That familiar dead of the night

My world is dark and silent

The birds, the frogs, and the dogs have all gone to their beds 

The neighbors are sleeping too

Through the slit of my window curtains 

I see the sleepy hills in the countryside burrowing into the starless sky

Both were sleepy too, the hills and sky

I know, I do, I have watched them many attimes

And I know too that they know our stories

Sometimes at night they tell

The sky has seen us happy, seen us smile, seen us hold hands, and

Seen us whisper love and sayings

And when our hands slowly slip apart and the echoes of our sayings fade

The sky tells of our stories

She tells the hills,

And that is why the hilltops in the countryside are always nested into the sky at night 

In the dead of the night, when my world is dark again 

And the silence of the echoes of our sayings becomes loudest,

They share our secrets.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confession

The Bent Backs of our Fathers

I Know