There is a Bermuda in my Room

There is a Bermuda in my room

I would normally have kept this under the rader

But my stuff kept missing

First it was the left leg of my favourite socks

Then my earpiece and then my red scarf

The triangle kept taking my belongings like a huge hungry monster

I've kept mum all along 

Hoping one day it might get filled and

I might get to see those things I once owned and loved

But it seems that's not to be

And I am resigned to my fate 

Such that sometimes I pray 

That I may not fall into the darkness of this triangle 

Where the odds of my socks 

My orange rain pants  

My yellow saphire wristlet 

And my green comb

All went without trace

And I still would have kept it under the wraps

But now I've started losing my mind

Pieces of it are falling in a hurry, into that same Bermuda

Tried as I might, they wouldn't come back to me

Last night, I forgot the name I gave my dog.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Old Elephant

The Bent Backs of our Fathers