Like every Saturday morning I woke up hungry, a bit jaded and Hoping to catch some leftovers I ventured into my kitchenette And lost my hunger at the sorry sight Of a wearied mouse in a bucket of water Tired from trying to climb out It paused at my sight, bowed its head For a moment, it bobbed up again Our eyes met and locked Its pleading eyes were unmistakable No doubt begging to be rescued I was moved to act, to save the unlucky mouse I propmptly carried the bucked into the yard And drained the water away slowly At last the mouse was out, and save I hope But she wasn’t, she could not be saved She tried to run but could not Her four legs could not carry her She shivered, bubbled and swaggered sideways She was going to die of cold, I think My mind was turn into two To leave her to fate or offer mercy killing For a second I turned my back, to leave Then saw a rock the size of a serving plate Which I carried and slammed on the dying mouse The mercy killing has...
Proud warriors in ancestral savannahs...is this your back that is bent. ~David Diop Sweat shed on ancestral savannahs Blood from our grandfathers' labours The bent backs of our fathers The pains of the proud warriors And the songs of our grandmothers Have all gone to ciphers We are history’s refrain, a tragic chorus of cycles This is not a disease, yet Our backs are bent like those before us This time from the toils we choose Our ancestral warriors in awe Watch us writhe in new pains Only this time not on the plains But in the cold gloomy northern winters Where we forget the songs of our grandmothers Who will save us now that we have gone too far Beyond the reach of our mother's voice and The long warm fingers of the sun.
Don’t you talk to me Like I do not know, I know That the best of poems were never written in ink That the purest of thoughts lies deep I know True smiles comes from the eyes and That happiness do not fly on wings of wish That men are desperate and some evil Don’t you dare talk to me Like I do not know That the heavens is endless and defies science, that The stars therein are not only ornaments, each and all its name and wonders as assigned I know That God made us and then we made our personal demons, everyman his own That chance and time happens and men and women mere witnesses and chroniclers That our destination is of utmost essence just as well as the path Dare you school me! I know, poetry is my cure and my disease That I can create a beauty and a beautiful thing in and from this world of nothingness That as a poet and not a common man Sitting on that rung comes with its woes Enough to mar or make I have always known To listen caref...
Comments
Post a Comment